This post is a follow up to my “Will IBuyers disrupt Real Estate”?
Just a quick list of why I beleive that tech can’t fully replace the Real Estate Agent
The List of what “an app” can’t do, but a real live Real Estate Agent can.
- Hold a Hand
- Drive you to the airport/Hotel/home
- Visit you post closing with gifts
- Client appreciation events and meet ups for coffee
- Possess wisdom
- Smack an appraiser
- Call out anyone who is not performing their job
- Question an attorney
- Explain an inspection
- Haggle with a home warranty company, roofer, HVAC tech, landscaper, repair person, pool service, HOA, city hall clerk…need I list more?
- Sweep a pouch, trim a hedge, hide the trash cans, turn on the lights, open the shades, check home is secured after showings
- Walk the dog
- Help the photographer, stager, inspector
- Look you in the eye and tell you your house smells
- Explain Repairs
- Break down current housing market
- Explain and answer questions about escrow
- Talk about their homes value in detail
- Describe specific contractual obligations
- Tell them now is not the time they should be buying or selling
- Help you understand contracts, deeds, encumbrances, surveys, clouded titles, lot lines, percolation test, septic systems, deed restrictions, local zoning laws.
- Create custom marketing plan, make adjustments to plan as needed
There are many more. What an app can’t do – now or ever – is empathize with and help human beings who find themselves in an unusual situation that is expensive, infrequent, complicated, inefficient and unfamiliar to them.
If you think ibuyer is the way to sell your home……Read this first